- Oil 2 tsp
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2 medium sized tomato chopped
- 10 whole cashew nuts
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 200 grams paneer cut into cubes
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi crushed
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup water
- Salt as required
Making the paste:
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan/kadai on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste.sprinkle some salt and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add cashew nuts and tomatoes.saute them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in turmeric powder,corriander powder and red chilli powder.cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn of the heat.let it cool down and blend smooth paste.
Paneer butter masala recipe:
- In same pan heat butter and oil on medium heat.
- Add whole spice and sauté for a minute.
- Now add onion-tomato paste.Do stir and cook till oil seperates from the gravy.
- Add kashmiri chilli powder,garam masala and salt.mix well and stir for a minute.
- Then add water for consistency of the gravy and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes and mix with crushed kasoori methi into the gravy.
- Finally,add cream.mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Paneer butter masala is ready to serve with roti or naan.