For dosa batter:
- 1 ½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Idli dosa rice
- ½ cup Urad dal
- 1 tsp fenugreek(methi) Seeds
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 3 tbsp Poha
- Salt to taste
- Take Rice into a bowl and wash it with clean water for 2-3 times.
- Add water into the rice and soak it for 4 hours.
- Take urad dal,chana dal and fenugreek seeds. mix well and wash it with water 2-3 times.
- Add water and soak for 4 hours.
- Wash and drain urad dal,chana dal and fenugreek seeds.Blend well into smooth paste in a mixer add water as require.transfer the batter into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Wash and drain rice and poha.Blend well into slightly coarse paste.
- Add this mixture into dal batter and mix it very well.
- Cover it with a lid and ferment in a warm place for 10-12 hours.
- After fermentation add salt in a batter and mix well once again.
- Heat the dosa pan on medium heat.grease the pan with few drops of oil.
- Pour spoonful of a dosa batter and spread in circular motion.
- Spread little oil around the edges.
- Cook the dosa till bottom of dosa turns golden brown.
- Place the potato sabzi on half portion of the dosa then fold the dosa.
- Serve with hot sambar and coconut chutney.
For potato sabzi/masala:
- 2 cup Boiled and chopped potatoes
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin/jeera
- 1 tsp Chana dal (soaked in ¼ cup hot water for 20 minutes)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida(hing)
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 6-8 Curry leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai.
- Sauté cumin,mustard and chana dal until dal turns golden brown.
- Add chopped onion,green chillies,curry leaves and ginger,sauté for 2-3 minutes or till onion becomes soft.
- Now add turmeric powder and Asafoetida mix into it.
- Next add the boiled chopped potatoes and combine very well.
- Mix the salt as per taste and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the heat and add coriander leaves.
- Stir and set the sabzi aside.