- ½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Idli dosa rice
- ½ cup Urad dal
- 1 tsp fenugreek(methi) Seeds
- 3 tbsp Poha
- Salt to taste
For onion tomato uttapam:
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped(dhania)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- Oil/ghee for cooking
- Take Rice into a bowl and wash it with clean water for 2-3 times.
- Add water into the rice and soak it for 4 hours.
- Take urad dal,fenugreek seeds and wash it with water 2-3 times.
- Add water into it and soak for 4 hours.
- Wash and drain urad dal.Blend well into smooth paste in a mixer add water as require. transfer the batter into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Wash and drain rice and poha.Blend well into slightly coarse paste.
- Add this mixture into dal batter and mix it very well.
- Cover it with a lid and ferment in a warm place for 10-12 hours.
- After fermentation add salt in a batter and mix well once again.
- Heat the non-stick tava/griddle on medium heat.grease the tava with few drops of oil.
- Pour spoonful of a uttapam batter and spread in circular motion. Make sure it has to be thick.
- Next sprinkle chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves all over the uttapam.